• Bright and beautiful colours perfect for artists who need large quantities of colour and also for first time artists that need to learn the fundamentals of oil painting.
• All 54 tones have been carefully made to bring out the best of each pigment, so you can create bold and vibrant artworks.
• The formulation, manufacture and quality control of Winton Oil Colours ensure a product of dependable working properties.
• Transparency and Opacity varies based on pigments used; formulated for amateur artists and more accomplished painters requiring large volumes of colour within moderate cost limits.
• Quality, moderately priced pigments with good covering power and tinting strength; Uniform Consistency; Offers excellent retention of brush or palette knife strokes.
Winsor & Newton (also abbreviated W&N) is an English manufacturing company based in London that produces a wide variety of fine art products, including acrylics, oils, watercolour, gouache, brushes, canvases, papers, inks, graphite and coloured pencils, markers, and charcoals.
The standards of quality for W&N's most renowned line of kolinsky sable brush, the Series 7, began after Queen Victoria ordered it should be "the very finest watercolour brush" in 1866. A few months before his death, Henry Newton sold the business to the newly incorporated firm of "Winsor & Newton Ltd.", which included members of both families amongst the shareholders. In 1937, W&N introduced its gouache paints.